FRENCH / WEST / VAUGHAN Named Big Winner in Annual NCPRSA Inspire Awards
Agency racks up 21 awards, including two Best in Show honors
RALEIGH, N.C. (Dec. 9, 2020) — French/West/Vaughan (FWV), one of the nation’s 20 largest independently-held public relations and integrated marketing agencies, led all winners with 21 awards for work done on behalf of nine clients at the 2020 NCPRSA Annual Meeting and InSpire Awards, held virtually on Dec. 9. FWV received two of the event’s top honors, Best in Show, for work done on behalf of Volvo Trucks North America and Wrangler.
The NCPRSA InSpire Awards recognize the best public relations campaigns and tactics for the previous year from the Triangle to coastal area of North Carolina. The awards are modeled after the national Silver and Bronze Anvil awards. This year’s entries were judged by the Cincinnati PRSA.
“We are grateful for the opportunity to do award-winning, impactful work for our clients year after year,” said FWV Chairman & CEO Rick French. “During a time that has been extremely challenging for everyone, it was especially gratifying to get together with friends and colleagues virtually to celebrate our successes.”
This year’s award wins included:
2020 Silver InSpire Awards
- “Wrangler ICONS at the Austin Motel” (Wrangler): Best in Show + Best in Category + Award of Excellence – Events and Observances for Business, Products/Services
- “RealEats Scores a Touchdown with Rashad Jennings at Super Bowl LIV” (RealEats): Award of Excellence – Events and Observances for Business, Products/Services
- “BurgerFi Cary Crossroads Grand Opening” (BurgerFi): Award of Excellence – Events and Observances for Business, Products/Services
- “PSCU Goes ‘Beyond Limits’ During Member Forum 2019” (PSCU): Award of Excellence – Events and Observances for Business, Products/Services
- “Stealing the Show at the Super Bowl of Rodeo” (Wrangler): Honorable Mention – Integrated Communications for Business, Products/Services
2020 Bronze InSpire Awards
- “Volvo Trucks Changes Perception of Turbo Compounding with New Engine Announcement” (Volvo Trucks North America): Best in Show + Best in Category + Award of Excellence – Media Relations
- “#WithPendleton” (Pendleton): Best in Category + Award of Excellence – Social Media
- “High School Lunch Special” (BurgerFi): Best in Category – Creative Tactics + Award of Excellence – Social Media
- “Wrangler’s Sustainability Goals are Rooted in Cotton” (Wrangler): Award of Excellence – Media Relations
- “Influencing Millennial Moms and Fitness Enthusiasts with Healthy Sweet Potato Recipes” (North Carolina SweetPotato Commission): Award of Excellence – Social Media
- “Genuine Brand Connection Discovered & Celebrated in an Unlikely Place”(Wrangler): Award of Excellence – Social Media
- “Creating Category 5 Coverage Around the Launch of Storm Brew” (R&D Brewing): Honorable Mention – Media Relations
- “Racing for the Future: ABB Helps Pave the Way for E‑Mobility with Formula E Racing” (ABB): Honorable Mention – Media Relations
- “Wrangler Capsule Collection at Fred Segal Sunset” (Wrangler): Honorable Mention – Media Relations
- “Code of the West” (Pendleton): Honorable Mention – Social Media
Firmly entrenched among the country’s 20 largest PR firms (2020 O’Dwyer’s Ranking of Top U.S. PR Firms), FWV was winner of the Bulldog Reporter Best PR Agency of 2019. FWV is the only N.C.-based public relations firm to capture National Agency of the Year honors, something it has now done 20 times over the past two decades.