The annual “Internet Trends Report” – shared by Mary Meeker of VC Firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers – is a gem. Each May Mary bestows incomparable insights upon us that predict the future of consumer behavior on the internet. In 2013, the report brought us a peak into mobile device supremacy, drones, We Chat, and Alibaba, all of which are now forces in 2015. So what’s in store for future Internet trends? Before you head into your next status meeting, check out our “cliff’s notes” of the top takeaways from the 2015 Internet Trends Report:
- Adults in the USA spend 5.6 hours per day on the Internet
- There’s a huge opportunity to reach consumers in the mobile experience:
- Allocated advertising spend in the U.S. significantly under-indexes on mobile compared to time spent on mobile devices.
- 87% of millennials say their smartphones never leaves their sides, night or day
- American adults spend more time on mobile devices than desktops and laptops
- Innovative ad options on Twitter, Facebook, Google, and Pinterest are optimized for the mobile experience, including “buy” buttons
- Consumers will continue to communicate more and more via mobile messaging, which could evolve into communication hubs for customer support
- User-generated content creation is increasing rapidly across all platforms: video, photo, gaming, reviews, and news
- On-demand company fulfillment services are on the rise and they are fast – Uber, Lyft, Open Table, etc.
- Consumers, especially millennials, want what they want on demand
Can’t get enough? Check out the comprehensive report below:
Latest posts by F | W | V (see all)
- FRENCH/WEST/VAUGHAN NAMED AGENCY-OF-RECORD BY BLOCKCHAIN SPORTS INFORMATION PLATFORM BLITZPREDICT - July 19, 2018
- FWV ANNOUNCES NINE HIRES AND TWO PROMOTIONS AS AGENCY CONTINUES TO EXPAND - July 17, 2018
- RALEIGH DUO PARTNER TO FORM FILM PRODUCTION COMPANY, ANNOUNCE $12M PROJECT IN PARTNERSHIP WITH BUDDY HOLLY ESTATE - July 7, 2018